Speaking of mix tapes

I had this awesome boom box back in the day, with two tape decks, a CD player, and really good radio reception. Since I wasn't allowed to buy any non-classical music, I spent a lot of time making the perfect mix tapes on my boombox. Thanks to the magic of having two tape decks, I could record the song as soon as it started on a scratch tape and then dub it into the right place on the final product.

Like I said, I've always been really, really anal-retentive.

Anyway, remember when 96X became a Z104 competitor for a while? All the "posers" were complaining about not getting their Offspring fix, but I was excited to have not one, but two stations to get music for my mix tapes from.

vs.

Believe me, I got really good at dialing quickly between 104.5 and 96.1 (or 106.1, the alternative frequency) to find the song I was missing from my current project. I spent a lot of time waiting for the right remix during Club 104 on Saturday nights...

1 comments:

vivian said...

I have to confess...when I was in the 6th grade, I had a Z104 mix tape that had the Macarena on it 4 times. On each side!

Post a Comment